Henry Crown Field House primarily serves as a campus recreation center for students, staff and community members. The varsity indoor track and field teams host meets on the second floor during the winter sports season and the building is also a base for intramural and club sports programming.
Henry Crown Field House was erected in 1932 as a single-story building. It originally served as an indoor practice facility with a dirt infield that was utilized for football and baseball practices. A track encircled the infield and a raised wood floor was used for basketball. In the late 1970s, the second floor was added on to the building and served as the main site of competition for indoor varsity teams.
Henry Crown Field House Rooms and Services
- Fitness center with resistance and weight training equipment
- Cardio hallway with 34 cardio machines (treadmills, ellipticals, rowers, steppers, step mills)
- 200-meter indoor track
- 4 multi-purpose courts for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, and tennis
- Astro-turfed multi-purpose room
- 5 squash courts (American-sized with international lines)
- 4 racquetball/handball courts (equipped to accommodate wallyball)
Henry Crown Weight Room Usage Hours
The Henry Crown Field House weight room now has modified hours in order to accommodate the needs of our varsity athletes. There will be blocks of time exclusively for varsity athletes. We will post these restricted usage time blocks on a weekly basis (by Mondays at 8:00 AM), which will allow you to plan your workouts. The hours will be posted at the front desk, outside of the weight room and listed below:
NOTE: The Henry Crown fitness center will be closed for varsity teams lifting during the times listed below.
Fitness Center Closings (Spring Quarter)